DiMario's Trattoria

back



Italian


It's funny, my parents have been eating dinner here every Friday for probably the last 8 years, meaning I've eaten there about a quarter of the numerous times they have. But while writing this blog post it was the first time I ever visited the restaurant's website. Kind of strange seeing the professional photos of the family I've come to know so well that runs the place.

I grew up in the city of Burlington, Ontario, and even though I moved to Vancouver in 2011 for school and manage to do a lot of travelling, I always return to Burlington for at least a month out of the year. And of all the restaurants I have visited there, when I do return, I always make a point of going back to the three restaurants I have listed on the previous page. However, DiMario's holds a special place in my heart. Besides being located in the bottom of my grandmother's condominium building, having hosted a number of special occasions for my family, and even being somewhere that I once rang in the New Year, I have spent a lot of time there outside of the typical dining experience. If you look at the picture from their online gallery below, this is the first mural that I ever painted back in 2009! So thank you for the support DiMario's!

If you're visiting Burlington, chances are you will be spending some time at the waterfront which is arguably the most scenic area of the city. Therefore, located just off Lakeshore Rd, a visit to DiMario's is a must. (Not to mention the fantastic Italian food it offers). And please, say hi to Chef Nicky for me! The kitchen is open to the restaurant so it shouldn't be too hard to do so.

Now on to the food. It's honestly a little hard for me to talk about the food, besides how delicious it is, because it is always changing! I have attached the menu, but really there are about double the items on the menu offered as specials every single night. Additionally, they are always very accommodating to any special requests you might have - for instance turning many a dish vegetarian (as they have so often done for me), and offering gluten free pasta options. Here's the menu, but don't get too set on something since it is highly likely that an item from the extensive list of daily specials will catch your attention once you arrive.





Make sure to leave room for Nicky's chocolate cheese cake for dessert. I guarantee it will not be like anything you have ever tasted!

I have to say, my favourite part about these three restaurants in Burlington is that I have gotten to know all three chefs personally.  So I can assure you, if you'd like to do the same, make a later reservation, take your time and spread your dinner over at least 4 courses, and if you are still in the restaurant late enough Nicky will probably come out from the kitchen and have a shot of Limoncello with you.

Happy dining!