Grandma's Lemon Pancrépes

back


Grandma's Lemon Pancrépes
This is one of my favourite family classics. Growing up, I always looked forward to Sunday mornings when my brothers and I would head to Grandma's house for her lemon pancakes! (Which in my eyes cross the fluffiness of a pancake with the texture of a crépe, delicious!)


Ingredients

1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
pinch of salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 lemons
1/2 cup sugar

This is the basic recipe, it makes about 3 pancakes so you will definitely want to at least double it, depending on your crowd. Keep in mind that these are lighter than regular pancakes, so me, as an average sized girl, can eat about three or four... if I am trying not to overindulge. Below, as I was making breakfast for three, I tripled the recipe and used around 5 lemons (but I'd advise to start with more than you think you'll need!).

Step 1

Combine flour, milk, egg and salt until flour is completely mixed in. Set aside a plate and coat it with a layer of lemon juice and sugar.

Step 2

Allow frying pan to heat on the stove on high and coat with a generous amount of oil. Allow oil time to heat up as well, approximately 30 seconds. Pour a thin layer of batter into pan and spread until it reaches all sides.

Step 3

Fry pancake on one side until small bubbles start to form in the batter. At this point, flip and fry the other side for just about 30 seconds, until the pancake will slide around freely.

Step 4

Lift pancake onto the plate of lemon and sugar that you set aside in Step 1. Drizzle the top with lemon juice and a sprinkling of sugar.




Step 5


Roll up the pancake like a crépe and enjoy!


Step 6

Before frying another pancake, make sure to add more oil to the pan and allow it time to heat up.